Information Collected & Sources
We may collect your:
• PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS (name, email address, postal address, phone number, and birthday)
• PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS (such as garment sizes that were ordered)
• PHONE NUMBER
• COMMERCIAL INFORMATION (such your personal preferences about our products, your purchase history online or by phone, and a record of your product interests)
• PAYMENT INFORMATION when you buy our products (such as the credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates),
• PROTECTED CLASSIFICATION (your sex or gender, if you provide it to us)
• INTERNET ACTIVITY (including (a) how you interact with our sites, such as product searches, time spent browsing certain products, items you place into your cart, and pages that you visit; (b) information about your interactions on social media that identifies us through hashtags or using our social media handles, and (c) technical data received from your device, such as IP address of individuals that visit our site, referring websites, and similar technical data),
• GEOLOCATION DATA (your city and state it is apparent from the address you provide, the internet address from which you visit our sites, or the phone number used to call us), and
• inferences that we make about your product interests based on your past purchases and other activity.
All of the above have been collected and disclosed to our service providers for a business purpose during the last 12 months.
We may collect your personal information from the following sources:
• From you, when you provide it to us. We collect your information when you purchase our products online or over the phone, contact our customer support, fill out forms on our website, create an account with us, sign up for mailing lists, participate in promotions or surveys, or otherwise provide us your information.
• When someone else provides it to us. We may also receive your name and email from your friends who type them into our site’s “Email this style to a friend” and similar features, but we use this just to send the forwarding email without keeping your information.
• When you use our branded sites. We use tools that help us improve our business by analyzing how our customers interact with us and our branded sites.
• When transmitted automatically by your browser or device. Internet-connected devices that visit our sites automatically transmit technical and device data, settings, software and hardware versions, referring websites, and unique device identifiers (depending on your settings).
Purposes for Collection and Use of Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
• To process, confirm, fulfill, ship, track and secure payment for your order. We may contact you via email, mail or phone if we have questions about your order or payment.
• To provide you a history of your purchases.
• To administrative our rewards program, Panky Points™.
• To remarket our products through advertising networks.
• If you joined our email marketing list, to communicate with you by email about our products, services, contests, and promotions.
• To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
• To inform others of customer satisfaction with the quality of our products and services.
• To help us learn more about your general shopping preferences.
• To help us improve and address problems with our site design, products and services.
• To enhance your shopping experience.
• To analyze trends and statistics.
• To protect the security and integrity of our websites and our business.
• To detect, protect against and investigate fraud, theft or threats to any individuals.
• For system administration.
• To meet our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, respond to court orders and other legal process, and as permitted by law, make disclosures to address unlawful or other act that may endanger the health, safety or privacy of other customers or the general public.
If we use service providers outside the United States, then your personal information may be sent outside U.S. borders and may be subject to additional local laws regarding personal information.
Note: We do not sell your personal information.
Third Party Service Providers; Disclosure for a Business Purpose
Our third party service providers are our vendors that provide services to us directly or to you on our behalf and that receive your personal information in order to provide those services. For example, we run our online platform through a service provider that may receive your personal information to help us run our business. We also provide your name and shipping information to one or more shipping services providers, so that they may deliver your order. We use a third party payment provider to process your cardholder data when you make purchases online or over the phone. We also use an e-mail list to conduct marketing for Hanky Panky® products, which may be shared with third party service providers that provide us email distribution, digital marketing, and other services. (For more information on marketing, see the section below titled “Marketing email communications”.) We also use a third party service provider that performs website analytics that help make intelligent product recommendations for you while you use our site based on the pages and products you view. We also engage advertising networks as service providers to provide online advertising and marketing services. (For more information on online advertising, see the section below titled “Advertising Networks and Online Marketing”.)
In the unlikely event that another business buys some or all of Hanky Panky, your personal information may come under the control of the purchaser.
Hanky Panky is protective of the privacy of young children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children and any children's products that we may sell are for purchase only by an adult. Our website is not directed at children under 13 and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. We reserve the right to delete without notice, obligation or liability all information of children that may be provided on our website.
Marketing email communications
Our website provides you the option to join our email list and receive information about our products, services and offers. If you do not wish to receive Hanky Panky marketing emails, you may use any of several options to unsubscribe: click the “Unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails, call us toll-free at 1-877-447-4811 during regular east coast business hours, or email us at email@example.com with the following:
- The phrase "Unsubscribe" in the subject line
- Your name and email address
You can also unsubscribe via postal mail by writing to:
Hanky Panky Ltd.
45 W 25th St 10th Fl
New York, NY 10010
Please be aware that it can take several business days to remove you from our email marketing list. NOTE: You will continue to receive order confirmation, shipping status or other transactional emails.
Use of ‘Cookies’
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small data file stored on your hard drive by websites that sends information back to those websites to enable certain functionality, which may include a unique user ID to recognize you. Related tools include a pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, which an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our site and can track your visits by placing and reading cookies on your computer. Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; refer to your browser’s help documentation for more information. But note that if you turn off cookies or refuse to accept them, this is likely have a negative impact on the usability of our website and many other websites. Your browser documentation can also help you delete existing cookies.
Enhance Your Website Experience.
Advertising Networks and Online Marketing
Hanky Panky does not track your online activity across third party Web sites or online services. However, like many ecommerce businesses, we partner with third party advertising networks to support our marketing activities. We currently use networks operated by Google (DoubleClick) and Microsoft. The advertising networks use small bits of code called “cookies” or “pixels” that we place on our sites to enable the networks to help market our products online. These use anonymous unique identifiers and Hanky Panky does not provide your name or other identified information to the advertising networks, and the networks do not send us information about your external online activity. If you click an ad, the browser on your computer or device may tell us the website where you clicked the ad.
You can avoid certain targeted marketing by disabling cookies in your browser for our site or for all sites. However, you may lose functionality if you disable cookies. If you leave cookies enabled, you consent to our use of such third party advertising vendors and services, to their placement of cookies onto your computer, and to the privacy policies of the third party advertising networks. You agree that if you leave cookies enabled, Hanky Panky is not responsible for how the third party advertisers use your information. Further, as new technologies are developed, we cannot promise that your online activity will never be tracked, such as by the company that developed your Internet browser.
Do Not Track signals
Because there is no standard understanding of what a “Do Not Track” browser signal is supposed to mean, our website does not respond to those signals in any particular way. To avoid tracking cookies, you may use an “incognito”, “private” or similar browser window to browse the Internet without tracking cookies. However, the software manufacturer of your browser may still track your activity. Please check with Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, DuckDuckGo or other manufacturer for more information.
Security and SSL
Protecting your order information is a priority for us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of information you transmit to us through a web browser. However, because of the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data you exchange with us will always remain completely secure. Third parties and bad actors may intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, neither Hanky Panky nor any of our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Links to Other Sites
Accessing our web site from outside the U.S.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 1-877-447-4811 during regular east coast business hours
- By mail: Hanky Panky Ltd., 45 W 25th St 10th Fl New York, NY 10010
Hanky Panky Ltd.
Attn: Privacy Officer
45 W 25th St 10th Fl
New York, NY 10010
Please include information in your communication to us that will help us identify your account so we can assist you with your inquiry or request.
California Privacy Disclosures and Rights Granted to California Residents
Your Rights Under California Law. If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights concerning your personal information:
- Right to be informed about the (1) types of personal information we collect about you, (2) specific pieces of information that we have collected about you, (3) sources and purposes of the collection, and (4) third parties that receive your data.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to know to whom we’ve sold or disclosed your data.
- Right to opt out of the sale of your data.
- Right against discrimination if you do not provide us your data, unless the goods and services we provide you are related to the value of the data you provide us.
Exercising Your Rights. You may exercise your rights as a California resident, review and request changes to the personal information we collected about you, and contact us for more information about our privacy practices in any of the following ways:
- Call us toll-free at 1-877-447-4811 during regular east coast business hours
- Email us at email@example.com with your request
- Send us postal mail to: Hanky Panky Ltd., Attn: Privacy & Customer Relations, 45 W 25th St 10th Fl. New York, NY 10010
Verification Process. You may submit your California rights requests using any of the methods above. However, for certain requests, California law permits or requires us to take additional steps to verify the identity and authority of the individual making certain requests information. This is so we can protect your privacy and data. Depending on the request or the sensitivity of the request, Hanky Panky may ask that you provide two, three or more pieces of personal information that matches information in our records, so that we may confirm your identity prior to processing your request.
Authorized Agent. If you wish to submit a request through an authorized agent, then you may designate your authorized agent in writing by contacting us using any of the methods above and providing the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Current address and telephone number
- Name of the authorized agent
- State whether the requested information should be delivered to the agent or to you. Provide delivery instructions.
- State the types of requests that you authorize your agent to make, for example, Request to Know, Request to Delete, or Request to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information.
- Sign and date the agent authorization.
If any of the above information is missing or cannot be verified, then we may request the information before processing your request. We may request additional verification information depending on the nature or sensitivity of the request.
Third Party Marketing. Under California law, customers of Hanky Panky who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Hanky Panky Ltd.
45 W 25th St 10th Fl
New York, NY 10010
Alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "California Privacy Rights" in the subject line.
No Sale of Minor Information. Hanky Panky does not have actual knowledge of any sale of the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.